- 1,100 schools have already joined the STEM School Label and have started sharing over 1,500 School Practice Evidence (SPEs) showing how they address the 21 criteria that make a STEM School.
- During the summer, we have reviewed the Self-Assessment Forms of 380 schools. These Self-Assessment Forms help schools find out the STEM School Label they have and get their own Action Plan in order to progress to the next label.
- We are happy to share that 300 schools from 15 countries, including Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Spain, Israel, Turkey, Albania, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, and Ukraine, have already reached the STEM School Competent Label.
- Furthermore, we want to congratulate the first school to achieve the STEM School Proficient Label, the Agrupamento de Escolas de Alcanena from Portugal.
- Finally, 20 schools from Portugal, Lithuania, France, Serbia, Spain, Greece and Turkey, have been invited to become Ambassador STEM Schools. European Schoolnet (EUN) will work with and support these Ambassador STEM Schools during the next academic year to go from No-Label/Competent/Proficient to Competent/Proficient/Expert (depending on the current label of the school). Ambassador STEM Schools will serve as good examples for other schools in Europe and, in order to prepare for their activities, they will be invited to the 33rd Science Projects Workshop (SPW) at EUN’s Future Classroom Lab in Brussels on 20-21 September 2019, organised by the STEM School Label and Scientix.
STEM School Label: last months in numbers
During the summer, STEM School Label has turned out to be an incredible success! We want to share with you the following exciting information:
You can download the PDF version at this link