This website is developed as part of the STEM School Label initiative (Grant Agreement : 2017-1-BE02-KA201-034748) a 36 months project funded by the Erasmus+ programme (KA2), coordinated by European Schoolnet.
This website is organised in three parts:
Public website, with public information on the initiative and the project, for guest users
Private platform, hosting the community and the STEM School Label accreditation tools, for registered members.
Admin community, hosting the management tools, for registered administrators and Language Coordinators
1. What Personal Data do We Collect via the website?
a. Public website
When you visit our public website, you may be invited to participate in events, surveys or questionnaires launched by the STEM School Label project, you may choose to contact us and/or the initiative Language Coordinators directly via contact forms or e-mail.
If you choose to contact us directly, we will only use the personal data you have provided us with for the purposes of responding to your message and, in case, providing the service you require.
Please note that we use third parties to process surveys and questionnaires (Survey Monkey) and to manage participants’ registration for events (Survey Monkey and eTouches) and this processing may additionally be subject to the third party's own terms and conditions and privacy statement.
We use Survey Monkey to process our surveys and questionnaires and for registration to some events (such as online events) and this processing may additionally be subject to their own terms and conditions which can be accessed at https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/legal/privacy-policy/
We use eTouches to manage and register participants to our events and this processing may additionally be subject to their own terms and conditions which can be accessed at https://www.etouches.com/event-software/privacy-policy
Subscription to newsletter, submission of surveys and questionnaires and registration to events will include their own privacy statements, which will describe the type of personal data we will collect in the survey (for example, name, surname, e-mail address, photographs, etc.), the purpose of the processing, who will have access to the data and the period of time for which the data will be kept.Please note that at the time of submission of the survey or questionnaire or the registration to the event, you will asked to consent to the relevant privacy statement.
b. Private community
To best serve our users, the STEM School Label portal requires users of the platform to submit the following information as a part of the Registration process and Profiles management, such as:
- First name, Last name, Email address, Country, Mother tongue etc.
- Organisation/School data (name, address, country, website, email etc.)
If you submit an Assessment form to get the STEM School Label, School practice evidence, Case studies, forum posts and blog posts, the data submitted through these tools will be recorded and linked to your account (personal identification).
Please, note that the policy described above in relation to the public website (surveys, questionnaires and registration to events and in case you contact us or our partners and Language Coordinators directly) applies also to the private community.
c. Other forms of Collection
We also collect information about your activity on our website in order to improve our website. We use Google Analytics for this (see also ‘Google Analytics’ and ‘Cookies’ sections below).
Aggregated statistics will be also retrieved regularly on the data collected through the public site and private community, including, but not limited to, the number of users and organisations during a specific period, the Labels assigned (number, type, country etc.), the average scores in Assessment forms (for example by year and country), the usage of the private community (for example, number of posts, subjects etc.).
2. Who do we share your data with and how
Please note that the STEM School Label project is a collective effort in which organisations from multiple countries participate.
This network includes:
- The STEM School Label partners
- the STEM School Label Language Coordinators, which coordinate the activities at national level and manage the submissions for the Label accreditation
- Educational and evaluation experts contracted by one or more organisations part of the network, which support the initiative with pedagogical advices and for the evaluation of the activities.
Your personal data is shared between the subjects of the network listed above insofar as this is necessary:
- to manage the STEM School Label services (STEM School Label accreditation process and Label assignment, community content management and notifications to community users about the service and the community content)
- to respond to you and to provide the service you require
- to enable us to use the responses to the surveys and questionnaires to manage the activities and for evaluation and research purposes
- to process your participation in events.
If you register in the private community
- your First name, Last name, Country, Mother tongue, email, description, role, interests and Organisation data, as recorded in your Profile (User and Organisation) will be accessible and displayed for all users of the community
If you submit forum posts and blog posts in the private community
- the data submitted will be displayed for all users of the community
- authors of this content will be also available and displayed for all user of the community
If you submit School practice evidence and Case studies in the private community
- the data submitted may be displayed for all user of the community if the website administrators and/or the Language Coordinators consider it as of value for the community (Publication in the community galleries of good practices)
- authors of School practice evidences will be also displayed for all users of the community, while authors of Case studies will remain anonymous.
3. How long do we store your data?
Your personal data will be stored by European Schoolnet in a form allowing identification for three years after the last use of the website.
In addition, you may contact us to terminate your accounts, which will result in the deletion of the personal data that you have provided during registration. You can contact us anytime at email@example.com
Beyond this period, your data won’t be retained except in an anonymised form, or insofar as required:
- to show that we've performed the activities in accordance with applicable laws and the EU's audit regulations
- for research purposes and publication
4. Google Analytics
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don't have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
On our site, we only use a very limited number of cookies: User preferences: These cookies help to improve a user's experience of a website by providing a more personalised service, without having to ask you every time again; more specifically, our Liferay Portal stores a limited number of user preferences, such as language.
More detailed information about the type of cookies we are using can be found on the following table:
Liferay Cookie Support
Indicates if the website supports cookies.
GUEST_LANGUAGE_ID Liferay Language
Indicates your language preference.
Indicates that you are actively using the site and records, at any given time, how many users are visiting the site.
It helps identify the unique visitors.
It is used to calculate traffic drivers e.g. search engine traffic, ad campaigns and navigation within the site.
It is used to establish and continue a user session with your site.
It keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred.
How to control cookies?
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
6. Site security
The STEM School Label website has implemented and continues to maintain appropriate state-of-the-art technical and management measures to keep your personal information secure and safe from loss, damage, corruption or deletion.
8. Contacting European Schoolnet
For any questions related to the STEM School Label website, you can contact us:
- via email: Data controller: privacy[AT]eun.org
- via post: Data controller/ internal auditor; EUN Partnership aisbl; Rue de Trèves 61; B-1040 Brussels; Belgium
- via telephone: +32 2 790 75 75
You can also contact us in order to exercise your right to access, rectify and, as the case may be, erase, any personal data relating to you, or restrict the processing of your personal data or to request data portability, in compliance with the GDPR.. Please note that we may ask you to provide proof of identity (such as a copy of your ID card or passport) before we can comply with your request. Whenever we process your personal data based on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
8. Making an Official Complaint
If you feel that we have infringed your data protection rights, you may make an official complaint to the data protection authorities where you are resident or the Belgian Data Protection Authorities at the following address:
Belgian Data Protection Authority
Rue de la Presse 35